Although PROSE formulates specific goals for each project it undertakes, there are also overarching goals that advise and inform our research in general. These goals include:
- To respect interdisciplinary research and blend appropriate theories from both the Humanities and the Sciences in our own projects.
- To engage in and commit to "big C creativity" (Simonton) in which the research and products we create have some degree of impact outside the immediate academic community.
- To foster innovation through the creative juxtapositions of time-tested theories with new and innovative computer technologies.
- To create opportunities for the many affiliated UCF organizations and to utilize the respective embodied sources of expertise for each
- To actively pursue a cycle of self-assessment in which we are continually improving the quality of research and deliverable products produced by our lab.
- To have an open mind about new ideas and new ways of thinking.